Skip to content
Questions level 1
Warm-up statements – answer yes or no
- Someone I’m close to told me that I spend too much time at work or on a hobby.
- I’ve spoken to a colleague who seemed down or behaved in a destructive way.
- I tend to put off dealing with things that I find difficult at home or at work instead of dealing with them straight away.
- I tend to eat, work, party, gamble or work out more than usual when I’m worried about something.
QUESTIONS LEVEL 1
- What are the consequences of avoiding your problems instead of dealing with them? Possible follow-up question: How does that affect people who are close to you?
- It’s important to take occasional breaks from everyday struggles to save energy. However, methods for recovering (such as working out, playing video games, or watching TV) can easily turn into a means of avoidance. How do you make sure that you’re taking healthy breaks without falling into a pattern of avoidance?