Skip to content
Questions level 2
QUESTIONS LEVEL 2
- Do you ever feel that you have ‘lost yourself’ somewhere along the way of becoming a father (for example, lost your values, your social network, or hobbies)? Possible follow-up questions: How do you maintain the interests and hobbies that help you feel good? Does your partner/fellow parent have the same opportunity to maintain hobbies or interests as you?
- Did your father or some other close adult hurt you in any way as a child? If so, has it affected your role as a father?
- Have you ever used violence, threats of violence, or feared that you might become violent? If so, how did you deal with that afterwards? Did you turn to anyone for help?
- Have you ever wished your child/children would reach your own unfulfilled dreams or become a better version of you? If so, how is this apparent? Possible follow-up questions: Did you feel like your dad had those kinds of expectations on you? Or was it the other way around, that you would have liked more pressure or encouragement?
- How do you feel about the norm that ‘nothing is stronger than a mother’s love’? Do you think that people expect you to be less loving because you are a father?